Friday, March 2, 2012

Cards for Fun

Just thought I'd throw out a couple of fun cards that I have worked on lately...the first is a variation of the card in this post for a Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge. I liked how it turned out so much that I thought I'd duplicate it for my sister's upcoming birthday...but she is a Lemonheads fan, so I thought I'd change up the color and the candy on the card! Every bit as cute, as it's hard to go wrong with the adorable sets from Waltzingmouse, Candy Jar Christmas and Candy Jar Fillers. So much fun.

Photobucket

The second is a card I've been wanting to make for a LONG time...I was greatly inspired by this card by Maile Belles and have had it on my list of ones to CASE since October 2010...I even bought the Year of Flowers: Marigolds especially because I loved this card so much! So here is my version...the coloring could use some improvement - I'm still learning - but I'm signed up for a Copic certification class and I can't wait! I made it a Mother's Day card...I know it's a little early but I'll definitely be needing those before I know it! :)

Photobucket

I will likely do the card again, maybe even a little bit closer to the original because I like it so much. But for now, I'm pretty happy with the results of the CASE! :)

Supply list:

Sweet Wishes ~

Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, White, Vellum (PTI)
Patterned Paper: from Be Mine collection (Echo Park)
Stamp Set(s): Candy Jar Christmas, Candy Jar Fillers (WMS); Sign Language (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Black Tuxedo (Memento); Daffodil Delight (SU); Copic markers - Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
Embellishments:
Tools: Classic Scalloped Circle, and Classic Standard Circles dies (Spellbinders); Friendship Jar label die (PTI)

Happy Mother's Day ~

Cardstock: Natural White (SU)
Patterned Paper:
Stamp Set(s): Year of Flowers: Marigolds, Women of Life (PTI); Text-it (WMS)
Ink/Colorants: Crumb Cake (SU); Black Tuxedo (Memento); Copic markers - RV63, RV66, RV69
Embellishments:
Tools: Labels Four die (Spellbinders); 5x7 Embossing folder, from Romance collection (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment