Monday, March 26, 2012

Missed PTI Blog Hop & MIM #58

Well, I missed the boat this time around! LOL..I had my Make It Monday card all made since Thursday and I had started on my Blog Hop card on Friday, but life got very busy over the weekend and despite all my best intentions, I didn't get my posts ready in time...boo hoo..but I still wanted to make a blog post because my hard work isn't going to total waste!

The first card here is from last Monday's challenge to make a gradient background with some kind of color medium. I love my Copics and so I decided to try them on glossy white paper from Stampin' Up. I love the result! Very simple, yet striking, I think.

Photobucket

And my blog hop card...challenged to use blue & aqua and this inspiration photo:


Well, I got the whole card finished, and was very happy with it except for the flourish looked a little too subtle and I wanted it to have some depth, some "oomph"...I'm always in experimentation mode, even though I know there is a risk of potentially ruining a project with my experimenting...well, in order to make my stamped flourish stand out more, I decided to try and put Liquid Glass over it...hmmm...the result was not as wonderful as I'd hoped. But, I like to think of things like these as a learning experience, another craft "trial" under my belt, and maybe even a challenge to try and "fix" it. We'll see...I think I'm going to try to do something to it to make it a little better...maybe edit to add the "redo" later... ;)

Photobucket

I'm putting myself out there to share my "mistake"...but in the spirit of crafting learning, I'm sharing! :)

PS, forgot to mention that the reason I added the "x10" is because my tenth anniversary is coming up in May, and this will be one of the ten anniversary cards my hubby gets from me to celebrate the occasion! :)

Supply list:

Hope card:

Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Glossy White (SU)
Stamp Set(s): Faith & Hope (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Poppy Parade (SU); Copic markers - R01, R12, R22, R14, R27, R29
Tools: Mat Stack 3, Layerz Mat Stack 3, Faith & Hope ribbon dies (PTI)

I {heart} U card:

Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores (PTI); Whitewash teal cardstock (Core'dinations)
Patterned Paper: from April Showers & A Trip to Paris collections (3 Bugs in a Rug)
Stamp Set(s): Alpha Blocks, Heart Prints, Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Lagoon, Sunny Yellow (CTMH)
Embellishments: Aqua button (stash); Yellow embroidery floss (DMC); Liquid Glass (CTMH)
Tools: Edgers #3 die, Love Lives Here die (little heart), Block Alphabet lowercase & numbers dies, Alpha Blocks die, Heart Prints die, Polka Dot Basics impression plate (PTI); Sander (CTMH)

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the Liquid Glass over the stamped image - I will definitely have to try that! I use it a lot to make an embellish stand out more or write words and then add glitter but never tried that! Thanks for sharing your process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! Yeah that idea using Liquid Glass is brilliant! And love your graduated background on the MIM challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red card is beautiful!! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete