Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CFC44


This week's CAS-ual Friday challenge was "It's easy as 1-2-3"...1. A pattern 2. An image 3. A sentiment

I'm working on the skill of pulling together a CAS card in a short time (I'm usually not a very fast card maker) and I was able to do this one in less than half and hour! I'm very happy and will continue my clean & simple card making skill building. :)

I took off from the following sketch from the Clean & Simple Sketches blog:


My pattern is the polka dots, image is the stars (don't know if this is cheating a little bit, as it's not exactly a stamped image), and of course I have the sentiment front & center (I put it in a little different place than the sketch suggested) I like the result, clean & simple! :)

Photobucket

That's all for today, folks! Thanks to anyone who visits and comments...you are much appreciated!

Supply list:

Cardstock: Dark Chocolate (PTI); Sunset Rose swiss dots (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Chocolate Chip & Crumb Cake from DSP Patterns Stack (SU)
Stamp Set(s): Birthday Basics (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Tools: Star Punches, lg & sm (SU); Scallop circle & ribbon banner die (Spellbinders)

3 comments:

  1. Love your take with the sketch! Beautiful pattern mix and layering, Rachel! So glad that you can join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' cute! Great job! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my stars! Sorry, couldn't resist ;) This is wonderful! Great take on the sketch and a really cute card :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete