Sunday, March 18, 2012

Make It Monday #57

This week's Make It Monday featured a fun technique called Color Kissing. It's a slight variation from a related technique called Stamp Kissing. Instead of "kissing" a pattern onto a solid stamped image with an un-inked stamp, you ink up the patterned stamp with a darker color than the color of the solid image and "kiss" it onto the inked stamp. The pattern I used to do the kissing was small, so the effect is subtle, but I really like the result! I hadn't tried this exactly like this before so I love that I had the chance to try it this week.

I have had the Button Boutique stamp set for over a year now and I think it is just so adorable and unique, but hadn't used it much for one reason or another. I decided that now was the time to pull it out again! My card this week was inspired by this card by the lovely Dawn McVey. (I'm so inspired by most of the Papertrey designers!)

I used the kissing technique on the leaves with the Background Basics: Newsprint as the darker kissing stamp. As I said, it is subtle but nice, as it echoes the Newsprint stamped background.

That's it for this week! Can't wait for tomorrow's new challenge...

Multi-purpose lovely day #130

Supply list:

Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz , Autumn Rose(PTI)
Stamp Set(s): Button Boutique, Signature Series: Butterfly, Turning a New Leaf (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Sweet Blush, Autumn Rose, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz (PTI); Always Artichoke (SU); Olive (CTMH)
Embellishments: Brad flower center (Basic Grey)
Tools: Dies - Button Card, Turning a New Leaf, Buttoned Up #1, Doily Details, Bloom Builders #3 (PTI)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh... I really like everything about this card! I like how you stamped the leaves :) And great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Love the newsprint on the leaves & your colors & design!

    ReplyDelete