Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PDCC123


This week's Play Date Cafe color challenge was a new one for me...I like the ones that force me out of my normal preferred color "ruts" and into something different! I have a very close friend who is turning 40 in just a few days and thought that the bright & festive color scheme would be perfect for a bold 40th birthday card.

I used a lovely sentiment set from Raisin Boat called Strokes of Wisdom. I just love the look of those crayon strokes.

Photobucket

Supply list:

Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Not Quite Navy, White (SU); Kiwi, Sorbet (CTMH)
Stamp Set(s): Strokes of Wisdom (Raisin Boat); Background Basics: Chevron Stripes (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Kiwi (CTMH); Groovy Guava, Calypso Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Not Quite Navy (SU); Graphite Black pigment (Memento)
Embellishments: Rhinestones (My Mind's Eye)
Tools: Banner die from Nested Pennants set (Spellbinders); Lace Impressions die, By the Numbers dies (PTI); embossing folder from Preserves companion set (Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic design, Rachel! LOVE that vellum banner and your stamped strokes! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete