Thursday, February 23, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #85

Well, it would seem like I'm still in time for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (in my post below, I was bemoaning the fact that I missed the deadline for the Casual Friday Challenge for this week, even though I finally got around to making a card for it! oh well...) My color inspiration was from this week's Playdate Cafe challenge, but I didn't get this posted in time for that either! (will I ever get my act together? ;) It was to use black & white with a splash of hot pink.

Here's the WMS sketch:


And here is my take on this sketch:

Photobucket

I bought this stamp set at Christmas time, but ran out of time to use it, so I love that I'm able to use it for things other than Christmas cards. The sweet wishes stamp can be perfect for birthdays! (I'll probably add a "birthday" type sentiment to the front later to make it clear that that's what it's for)

Supply list:

Cardstock: Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Black Diamonds from the Be Mine collection (Echo Park)
Stamp Set(s): Candy Jar Christmas (WMS)
Ink/Colorants: Black, Watermelon (CTMH); Copic Sketch markers (RV25, RV04, RV06, C1)
Embellishments:
Tools: Standard Scalloped Circles die (Spellbinders)

6 comments:

  1. So delicious, Rachel! The colors, the little candies down the side, the wonderful patterns and colors! A very sweet (literally!) and creative sketch card! So glad you could play along this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, Rachel! I love those pops of pink against the black! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Love the candy cane jar, and the argyle patterned background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candy canes and sweeties - the pop of pink is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful design with the opened candy jar Rachel - the colors really pop against the black! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch (in time!) this week!!

    ReplyDelete