Tuesday, March 15, 2011

WMS Sketch Challenge #38

It's that time again...for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I should have some fresh & lovely new WMS stamps in my mail box soon, but until then, other stamps will have to do. I'm still hoping to win a WMS stamp set...I've got a long wish list! ;)

Here is this week's sketch...


And here's my take:
Photobucket

I am still using "Valentine" papers from Making Memories' Je T'Adore line...I can never seem to get enough pink & red (my FAVORITE colors), so I don't let the fact that Valentine's Day was a month ago stop me from using these colors. I put the word Valentine in quotes because I think this paper - along with almost all paper that is designed and released for V-day - can be used for so much more.

The stamp set is an oldie from CTMH...which was part of a special promotional card kit. It's called "Just Because"...and is still part of my ongoing effort to use old stamp sets and then decide to either keep or sell. The jury is still out on this one...any thoughts? Keep or sell? I like how this card turned out, and I love the French feel of the designs of the ladies. I felt that it fit perfectly with the Je T'Adore paper.

By the way, here is the inside of the card. I want to send it to someone who is very sweet who has blessed my life & needs encouragement!

Photobucket

I also used a new set I just got from Technique Tuesday: Borderline - Vintage Lace. I absolutely LOVE these little lacy borders! Used them on the front and inside. So beautiful.

Oh, also...my sweet little first grade daughter wanted to get in on the card making challenge too...when I told her it was a "contest", she immediately thinks "what do I win?" She loves making cards too and is so artistic...I'm happy to encourage her in the paper crafting direction! ;)

Here's the little card she made based on the sketch:



Supplies used:

Cardstock: Vintage Cream (PTI); Cocoa (CTMH)
Patterned Paper: from Je T'Adore line (Making Memories)
Stamp Set(s): Just Because (CTMH); Borderline: Vintage Lace (Technique Tuesday); Nehemiah 8:10 Plain Jane stamp (Verve Stamps)
Ink: Cocoa, Vineyard Berry (CTMH)
Embellishments: Pearls (CTMH, Michaels)
Tools: Scallop Circle and Plain Circle dies (Spellbinders); Modern Label punch (SU)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel, these are such eye-catching creations. Such lovely choices of papers and colors. They are both divine. Thanks so much for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fashion theme card - what a great fashionista! and you really went all out on the inside of the card too! LOVE the pretty papers on your daughters wonderful card - nice job!! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card..love polkadots! Thanks for joining us at WMSC

    ReplyDelete