Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mojo Monday 181

For Mojo Monday this week, I thought I'd pull out some of my sadly neglected Verve stamps! I thought it appropriate, since it is Verve that sponsors the Mojo Monday sketches... :) I just have too many wonderful stamps and never enough time to use them all! (same thing with papers)...

Speaking of papers, I finally was able to use some papers that I bought ages ago and have been holding onto for probably close to a decade...and they're still totally cute! They have survived numerous purgings of paper crafting supplies, because every time I looked at them, I thought, "I still think these are simply fabulous." And today I finally used them. They are from Creative Imaginations, and I just love the coffee theme. (as I love coffee!)

I loved the sketch this week:


Sometimes sketches come together easily and others I struggle with. But for some reason, this one just worked for me.

Et voilĂ  my card! (I wish I were a better photographer, as I did the best I could, but the picture is still just not quite right...the colors look so much better in real life!) I think I'll send it to a fellow coffee-loving friend whom I haven't seen in awhile. We need to be reminded of the important things in life!

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: red (not sure which red) (SU)
Patterned Paper: Pink Java, Java Beans, Mocha Stripes & Latte Dots (Creative Imaginations); copper shimmer (?)
Stamp Set(s): Delightful & Delicious (Verve)
Ink: Chocolate (CTMH); Dark Chocolate (PTI); Tea Dye Distress ink (Ranger)
Embellishments: Mocha Pearls (CTMH)
Tools: Abstract Flower & Postage Stamp border punches (EK Success); Labels 9 dies (Spellbinders); Leafy punch (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. Such a delicious card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, Rachel! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete