Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Make It Monday #5: Distressing Edges

I was inspired by Lisa Johnson's simple, yet lovely card that she made for the Make It Monday video. I'm always challenged when it comes to making simple cards that I end up liking. I decided to try and keep this card simple.

However, I had to use Guidelines, because it's a set I've had for awhile now and have never used. I tried it out, and boy do I love this little background making set! Such a fun (and relatively easy to create) result! I borrowed a bright color combo that Dawn listed as her favorite for the color combo challenge during PTI's anniversary week. I love these bright colors! Unfortunately, they're terribly tough to photograph for a non-professional like me, so I'm afraid the picture doesn't do the fun colors their proper justice.

I also had to try to photograph the punched border on the bottom with the bright turquoise peeking through..another bit of a challenge. In addition, the distressed edges of my frames are a bit hard to make out due to the limitations of my camera. SOMEDAY...I will have a better photo-taking studio situation! ;) For now, this will have to do! :)

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz (PTI); Tempting Turquoise? (SU); red (scrap)
Patterned Paper: none
Stamp Set(s): Guidelines, Birthday Bash Sentiments, Vintage Labels (PTI)
Ink: Chocolate, Black (CTMH); Dark Chocolate (PTI); Dark Brown chalk ink (Colorbox)
Embellishments:
Tools: Labels One dies (Spellbinders); Open scallop border punch (SU); Chizzel-it tool (for distressing) (Provo Craft)

No comments:

Post a Comment