Monday, March 7, 2011

H2H Challenge Times 3

So H2H gives the challenge to stamp three of something to make a "scene". I've realized lately that I am not particularly good at this...but there is another purple stamp set I wanted to use called Kindred Spirits. This one goes way back; not sure if anyone will even remember this one, but it falls exactly into the same category as the set I mentioned in my last post, the "oooh, super cute, MUST HAVE" then buy and never use category.

But, I'm always up for a challenge, and every day is a chance to learn something new, stretch my creativity, and even failures in the craft room help me to learn, so I pulled out this set and attempted THE SCENE. In case you CTMHers out there have forgotten what this set looks like (it's long retired, as it was some sort of special hostess promotion LONG ago), here it is:



I had quite the challenge with this one! However, I wanted a card that I could give to my daughter as a lunchbox note, and I liked the kind of "elementary" feel that this has to it in its finished form. My daughter loves to draw & color, and this finished card really makes me think of her, so I'm happy with it ultimately.

Again, WAY too time consuming. Oh, I also pulled out and dusted off my CTMH colored pencils for this one...that was kind of fun! I had forgotten how coloring with pencils allows you to go over outlines nicely without the danger of covering up the design too much.

Anyway, I know this scene is not to scale or anything, but I hope my daughter will like it. I know it will brighten her lunchbox & her day.

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Spring Rain (PTI), White Daisy (CTMH); So Saffron (?) (SU)
Patterned Paper: none
Stamp Set(s): Kindred Spirits (CTMH)
Ink: Clover Meadow, Topiary, Smoothie, Spring Iris, Hydrangea, Chocolate, Sunflower, Bamboo (CTMH); blue & green chalk ink (Colorbox); Colored Pencils (all CTMH)
Embellishments:none
Tools: scissors (CTMH)

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Rachel - I actually can't remember this set?? But I love how you've cut apart bits of it to make your scene! I'm sure your daughter loved it - thanks for sharing it with us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set and you did a fabulous job with it! Thanks so much for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool! I love how you just used the tree & sun from the larger stamp in the set; great idea! I passed on this set long ago thinking I would never use it but if I had seen your work ... back then ... I would have snatched it right up! I love the sentiments and had never even noticed them before. Delightful little scene! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, what a special lunch box note:) Doesn't coloring just make you feel like a kid again? Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that set! How fun! I love how you used it to make the sweet scene! Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! I bet your daughter will love it. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job at your scenic card! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel,
    Great card, it's perfect for spring. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete