Monday, March 14, 2011

Serendipity paper and my frugal heart is happy!

So I've had this idea in my head for a long long time now...I'm a frugal crafter and I never throw away any bits of my luscious paper until it has been reduced down to almost nothing. This means that I have an ever-expanding file folder with all my paper scraps, organized by color - one for patterned paper, one for solid cardstock, (both in all the colors of the rainbow) and one for neutrals. So what fun thing can I do with all these little bits & pieces? Serendipity paper! I can't say the idea is purely mine...I'm sure I've come across it in a magazine somewhere before, and more recently in CardMaker magazine, which is where I got the name. But I just love the idea of getting full use out of all my paper, including the little leftovers.

I started with all my pinks. I got out my 1-1'4" circle punch and punched out tons of little circles from all my pink patterned paper scraps. Then I simply glued them all together on a scrap 12x12 sheet. Simple! A bit of time consumption, but worth it. My frugal sensibilities are now completely satisfied!

Here's a large part of the paper after it has already been cut down to make the projects I made today:
Photobucket

And here is the card I made with this paper..
Photobucket

It's a kind of tri-fold card, with the serendipity paper on the front & inside. I used another of my "purple" CTMH stamp sets (since you've probably not seen my other posts where I explain what my purple sets are...these are ones I've designated as ones I need to use to determine whether I want to keep them or sell them. I mark them in purple on my stamp inventory list) - it's called Bowl of Cherries. Very cute. I think I like it. Just wish it had a few more card-worthy sentiments.

A couple card detail shots:
Photobucket
Photobucket

I also made some really fun little Lunchbox Notes with a Papertrey die that I've had for a little while now and not had the chance to use. I LOVE it! It was designed to make little square cards with a flap. Perfect for lunchbox notes (of course) as well as gift tags and other mini insert cards. I just used up some more of the serendipity paper to cover & embellish these little cards for my daughter's lunch box. Nothing fancy. A little stamping using the set Way to Go, Kiddo, which was basically designed to go with the lunchbox note die.
Photobucket

Gotta run for now! Dinner preparation's calling...

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip (SU); Vellum (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Serendipity (my own creation!)
Stamp Set(s): Way to Go, Kiddo (PTI); Bowl of Cherries (CTMH)
Ink: Chocolate, Tulip, Watermelon, Olive, Vanilla Cream pigment (CTMH)
Embellishments: Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware (SU); Chocolate embossing powder
Tools: Designer Label punch, 2" Scallop punch (SU); Corner rounders (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment