Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Friends are Treasures

These days, when I walk into my craft room, I feel overwhelmed. I love all of my goodies, but when one has so many, one often doesn't know where to begin. Since I'm always on the lookout for items that I can "recycle" that I'm no longer using, I've decided that one of my taking off points will be stamp sets that I haven't used in a long time (or ever used!) Not only do I want to ink up ones that have been neglected for far too long, but I also find it both inspiring and challenging to be creative with a given product, rather than using a sketch to start and finding products to work with that sketch. Plus I can then determine if a given stamp set or other product is one that can be added to the "sell" pile, to make room for new stuff.

With that in mind, the cards I made today were using stamp sets from my Close To My Heart library that I haven't used in quite awhile. I pulled them out and got to work! I found that there were a couple that I still like and will continue to use, and one I could part with.

I also have been thinking about my old friends lately, the ones in California that I don't see much anymore but whose friendship I will always greatly appreciate, and decided I needed to make some friend cards today! The following two cards are the result of all my musings & strategizing. :)

This set uses the CTMH set Treasures. I had an inspiration photo and I wanted a large stamp for the bottom corner. I went through my stamp catalog and realized that I don't have very many large medallion-sized stamps (must shop NOW! ;) But I found this set, so I pulled it out with its large dandelion and swirly sentiments.
Photobucket

This set uses another older CTMH set, Endless Love, that still tickles my fancy. I have always been drawn to border stamps but when it comes time to use them, I'm not sure exactly how. Since I have tons of them, I've decided to pull them out more often and challenge myself to use them in new & creative ways. I like the way this border + large corner stamp turned out. This stamp set will remain in my arsenal! :) I also pulled out another cute frame & sentiment set called True Friends. I've loved this one since day one with its distressed looking frames and friend-oriented sentiments. Can't part with this one yet either!
Photobucket

Supplies used:

Dandelion card:
Cardstock: White pre-made 5x7 base (Current)
Patterned Paper: Making Memories Je T'Adore
Stamp Set(s): Treasures
Ink: Hollyhock, Black (CTMH)
Embellishments: Glitter buttons (Oriental Trading); Sparkles (CTMH); embroidery floss

Endless love card:
Cardstock: White pre-made 5x7 base (Current)
Patterned Paper: Making Memories Je T'Adore
Stamp Set(s): Endless Love, True Friends
Ink: Smoothie, Blush (CTMH)
Embellishments: Paper flowers (OT); Epoxy brad from Two Scoops collection (Basic Grey)

No comments:

Post a Comment