Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Mind's Eye Challenge #21 & Get Your Diva On!

I am again combining two challenges...the first, from the My Mind's Eye blog which is to use this sketch:



I have recently fallen head over heels in love with My Mind's Eye papers, almost all their lines, but especially the Lost & Found line. When I went to their blog and saw that they do a monthly challenge, I just had to be involved! The "Get Your Diva On" challenge from Verve was to use all neutrals with just a splash of color...when I saw this paper from Lost & Found - Union Square - Beautiful Day...it seemed perfect. I'm so into the distressed, old, vintage look lately.

(I was supposed to use the theme "Celebrate Today" also, but didn't notice that until after I made the card..whoops...hopefully it won't be too big of a deal!) In any case, I just jumped at the chance to dive into my new MME papers. And of course, I LOVE my Verve stamps...I also tried something new here: Distressing Embossing Powder. I used it on the swirly frame. I do like the results:

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Kraft (SU)
Patterned Paper: Lost & Found line -->> Union Square -> Beautiful Day Paris, Home Sweet Home Collage (MME)
Stamp Set(s): Thankful Accents, Thankful Hearts (Verve Stamps)
Ink/Colorants: Distress Embossing Powder, Walnut Stain & Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Embellishments: Dark Chocolate buttons (Papertrey); Crochet Lace trim (SU)
Tools: Abstract Flower Border Punch (EK Success); Labels Sixteen dies (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

  1. This card is beautiful! I love the colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete