Monday, January 31, 2011

WMS Case Challenge Competition --> Impressionist Tulips

Waltzingmouse Stamps, one of my favorite companies for clear stamps, posted a challenge to "CASE" a card that one of their DT members made during a recent Spellbinders Grand Calibur feature. Since I love their stamps and want to participate in as many of their challenges as possible, I took this one on!

Unfortunately, I don't have a TON of WMS stamps (yet!), and I don't have any of theirs in a Valentine's theme, so most of the stamps on my card are from other companies...but I hope they won't mind!

First off, let me just say that I ADORE Copic coloring. That is to say that I adore when other people do it. I would love to learn to do it myself, but I haven't yet had the funds to spring for the Copic marker set that I want, nor have I been able to take the Copic certification class that I'd like to take. So, suffice it to say that I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to coloring with alcohol markers. All I have at the moment are a set of 36 Bic Mark-it markers, which are nice quality, but it just isn't enough colors to do any shading justice. Plus I don't have a colorless blender. This is why my tulips on this card became "Impressionist" tulips. You have to use your mind's eye to see all the detailed shading that I wish were there, but isn't really! LOL...someday...I will be a certified Copic colorist, but for now, impressionism will have to do! ;)

I chose to CASE Carly's Robertson's card, seen here:
Photobucket

I liked how simple and clean it was, as I usually have trouble creating a simple card that I end up liking. As you can see, I did add a little bit more to my card than the original card, but I just felt that mine needed a bit more. This was a fun challenge!

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Pure Poppy (Papertrey)
Patterned Paper: Dark Brown handmade (Darice); Valentine paper stack (Martha Stewart Crafts)
Stamp Set(s): Vintage Picnic (Papertrey); Love You Much (Stampin' Up); Afternoon Tea Sentiments (Waltzingmouse)
Ink: Dark Chocolate Hybrid (Papertrey); Tulip & Grey Wool (CTMH)
Tools: Swirls Texture Plate (SU); Mini hearts embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Double Banners die (Papertrey); Doily Hearts punch (MS Crafts)

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love your basketful of tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! The colors are fantastic! And a basket ful of tulips, just what every girl needs. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete