Thursday, January 27, 2011

H2H Challenge January Week 4

This week's H2H challenge (my first participating, yay!) is to make a card featuring an animal or bird. Since I'm still putting together Love/Valentine cards, I pulled out an oldie but goodie set from CTMH, Free Spirit. This is one of the first sets that I bought from CTMH, and though I've long since cleared out many of my other sets that I bought this long ago, there is something about this one that I still like! I don't have a TON of stamp sets that have birds in them, so I was glad to have this one to turn to.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies used:
Outside:
Card base: L1 pre-printed page, That's Amore (CTMH)
Cardstock: Colonial White (CTMH); Vellum (Papertrey)
Patterned Paper: none
Stamp Set(s): Free Spirit (CTMH)
Ink: Chocolate, Blush (CTMH); Tattered Rose (Distress Ink)
Embellishments: Lg Doily Heart (Michaels); Ribbon (Stampin' Up); Button (Papertrey); Waxy Flax & Red Sparkles (CTMH)
Tools: Spellbinders dies, Scallop Circles; Blending Tool (Ranger)

Inside:
Patterned Paper: That's Amore
Stamp Set(s): Love Lives Here, Sweet Love (Papertrey)
Ink: Tulip (CTMH)
Epoxy brads: Basic Grey

6 comments:

  1. I really love those birds on the vellum!! Nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card, love the birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sponging around the birds. Just incredible. Your stamping is fantastic. Very innovative to stamp the birds on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the use of the velum for your stamps. For a minute there, your button looked like a digital button, it's just perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel - glad you could join us this week! Wonderful details on your card (I love this stamp set, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! I love the way you inked the scallop circle and the heart shaped doily. Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H this week. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete