Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Now on to Valentine's cards...

So a little bit of background on this card...I've been dying to up my paper crafting skill set for ages by learning how to include gorgeous sewing machine stitching on my projects. Now, I'm very "challenged" when it comes to anything having to do with sewing, so in December, I upgraded to a slightly better sewing machine model and took a usage class for absolute beginners. (believe me, I needed this) At the end of the 2 hours, I felt more confident in my ability to sew stitching on my cards.

But then, with all the other projects I had in December, I didn't have a chance to touch my sewing machine again until yesterday! Of course, I had mostly forgotten what I had learned the month before, and had to do lots of practice, along with gobs of errors on scratch cardstock, before I was able to make this card.

So here is my first (in a long time) attempt at paper crafting stitching. I still have a lot to learn, and lots of practice until I get my stitching more perfected, but fortunately, stitching on cards is forgiving, and still looks pretty cute even if it's not perfect. I'm pretty happy with how this card turned out. I used Papertrey's set, Heart Prints.

Photobucket
Inside:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment