Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A long overdue post...

So, as you can see, I'm certainly NOT yet at the place in my life where I am able to maintain an active blog where I post regularly...but that's one of my goals for this year!

Back in early to mid December, I went crazy planning a tea party birthday for Natasha. Since we had the party at a tea room, I didn't have to purchase party decorations, plates, utensils, etc. Sooo, since I had relieved myself of that expense & obligation, I decided to saddle myself with the herculean task of creating all handmade favor bags! It was actually a ton of fun, but very time consuming. I'm so glad that I had my grandma here to help, or it wouldn't have all gotten done!

I tried my hand at shaped candy making with molds for the first time. I LOVED it! All the candies we made turned out so cute, and perfect for the celebration they were for. On top of that, I got to create fun & pretty packaging for the candies with my paper crafting supplies. I had a total blast, and was thrilled with how everything turned out. Below are the pictures, posted FINALLY after almost a month has gone by!

December 16, class birthday party favors - Happy Birthday candy lollipops
Photobucket

December 17, class Christmas party stocking stuffers - a variety of little Christmas shaped candies. I used the Papertrey stamp set, Just For You, to make the little label stickers for the bags.
Photobucket
Photobucket

December 18, finally the BIRTHDAY PARTY!! At Attic Secrets Tea Room. Here are the favor bag photos:
Outside of bag - stamped with a Stampin' Up stamp around wheel (borders) and then the little tea cup and tag are from a Papertrey set, Tea Time Additions. The name tag was cut with my Cricut Expression.
Photobucket
I included a little bracelet making set, and packaged it in a small glassine bag, with the outer tag also stamped with the Just For You Papertrey set. ( I LOVE this set! It has so many stamps to make packaging for a huge variety of handmade gifts)
Photobucket
Adorable little teacup/teapot lollipops also included in the favor bag. This is the cutest mold!
Photobucket
I also included some homemade hot cocoa mix, packaged in little red plastic bags with a cute label made from Papertrey's set, Everyday Treats (love this set too!) and the Mat Stack 4 die. (I didn't have quite enough red bags, so one of them was packaged in a medium glassine bag) I also used some stamps from Papertrey's Holiday Treats set. Can you tell I'm a fanatic Papertrey fan?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here are the adorable teacup & teapot candy cupcake toppers that we made. The following picture shows how sweet they looked on top of the cupcakes! The whole thing was really tasty too.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Finally, I made some bags of cookies for some members of my church's praise team. I had some cute snowman zip bags, so I simply made this little cardstock wrapper, stamped with more images from Everyday Treats & Holiday Treats.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Whew! Well, that pretty much catches up on all my December paper crafting projects. I had planned to make some fun handmade mini calendars as Christmas gifts, but with everything else I did, I didn't get to it. They ended up being "New Year's gifts", so I'll post more on those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment