Tuesday, May 3, 2011

PDCC79

Wow, I talked of getting it in at the last minute last week, but this week I'm cutting it even closer! Submissions close in 13 minutes...so I'm going to go ahead and load the photo and add the details after I submit...

Whew! Just made it...I'm cutting it so close because this week is an incredibly busy week for me...my daughter is turning 4 on Sunday, we're having her birthday party at our house (supposed to be the back yard, but the rain might prevent that), and prepping for company (parents coming into town for Mother's Day and granddaughter's birthday), PLUS my older daughter has a school project that has to be turned in on Friday (building a model of an old-time church for a history project...she's in 1st grade)..this one top of all my regular duties...so blah blah blah, all that to say that I BARELY got this card done in time! ;)

So enough about that...and on to the Play Date Cafe weekly challenge...here are the inspiration colors:



You can't see too much of the gray in my card, as I chose a lighter gray as a mat and it's just peeking out...but the flowers are stamped on gray cardstock, the same that is used for the mat. This card was not shaping up the way I wanted it to, and I therefore had the challenge of "salvaging" it...my time in my craft room is so precious that I can't bring myself to chuck any card, and I'm finding that I welcome the challenge to make a card turn out okay when it was headed for disaster! :) This one came out ok after all, but I had to do some creative salvaging. LOL. Can I just say that drawing a simple straight line frame around a card is NOT at all as easy as it sounds? K, enough said. ;)

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive textured, Going Gray, Basic Gray (SU)
Patterned Paper:
Stamp Set(s): Garden of Life (PTI); Punch Potpourri (SU)
Ink/Colorants: Real Red (SU); Grey Wool (CTMH)
Embellishments: Pearls (OT)
Tools: Boho Blossoms punch (SU)

3 comments:

  1. hi Rachel :)
    found you out through play date :). i like your card and as far i see it i dont find a single disaster :). its so nice and decent.
    i like the colors you chose for ur card and the way u have handled them.
    keep up the good work
    hugs
    Alyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just reading about your busy week! LOL And really, that project for a first grader sounds a *bit* too much, dontcha think? Well, your card is very intriguing, I have taken a while to stare at it and see how you did your flowers. It's very cool. So glad you made it *in time* for our Play Date challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping some of those flowers up adds such great interest to your card. Loving all of the pearls too. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete