Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mojo Monday 189

My baby girl is turning FOUR on Sunday! This is great, except what that means is that this week has been incredibly busy. It's almost 11:30 on Thursday night and I still have cleaning to do to prepare for the party and having company for the weekend...so I'd better keep this post short! I made this card for this month's Mojo Monday competition a few days ago and am just now getting around to posting it.

The sketch:


My card:
Photobucket

All papers are from the Making Memories Je T'Adore line...I stocked up on one of each from this collection over my Valentine's Day craze...and I'm still using them! There were a ton (and ALL double sided!) and all so pretty! Instead of the little pieces of twine tied to the sentiment oval, I decided to try my hand at some pleated ribbon. I like the effect, but am finding that my little mini glue dots I used to hold the whole thing in place are not holding too well! (They tend to let the fabric go) Any ideas for adhesive used to hold the pleated ribbon in place would be most welcome...

Supplies used:

Cardstock: White
Patterned Paper: Je T'Adore line (Making Memories)
Stamp Set(s): Fillable Frames #4 (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Embellishments: Organdy ribbon, Pearls (CTMH); Paper flower (stash); Pearl flower center (Prima)
Tools: Scalloped oval punch, small oval punch (SU); Double ended Banner die (PTI); Deco Scallop border punch (EK Success)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, such a pretty card! For the pleated ribbon, use scor-tape. I know they have it at Craft Mart (and Papertrey). And don't forget your coupon cuz it's expensive, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the pink music paper and the pleated ribbon. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love the papers & pleated ribbon. I second the scor-tape :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do like this card Rachel - nice colour combination and finished simply with a flower, pearls and pleated ribbon.

    ReplyDelete