Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Papertrey May Blog Hop

This month's blog hop challenge for Papertrey involves doing something special with flowers...I will admit that there's nothing exceptional about the flowers on my card...but I was incredibly limited on time...I had to whip up this card in about 20 minutes! (that's super fast for me...I'm usually a slow card maker)

Anyway, I was going for fast, clean & simple because I really wanted to participate in the blog hop this month and this was all I had time to come up with (going out to dinner tonight with my hubby for our 9th anniversary!! :)

I also did something that was a first for me...using Papertrey felt to make a flower, with my brand new Sizzix 3D flower die. Fun stuff. Well, I've got to run and get dressed up for an evening at a fancy restaurant overlooking Seattle and some great food!

Here's my simple, quickie card:

Photobucket

Supply list:

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper:
Stamp Set(s): Sending You (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Real Red (SU); Sorbet, Garden Green, Black (CTMH)
Embellishments: Melon Berry felt (PTI); Brown pearls (Basic Grey)
Tools: 3D Flower die (Sizzix)

10 comments:

  1. LOVELY !!!! I love all the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The die cut flowers look amazing on top of the stamped flowers. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. This is beautiful. The colors are just perfect and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set and the felt flower is very pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! I love the addition of the felt center to the large flower. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour and flower combos on your card. Really a bright and cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colors, love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cute!!! The colors are fabulous and the felt flower is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove this card!! Your choice of colors is really pretty and these stamps are so amazing! Love it!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card, the colours are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete