Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tatyana's 4th Birthday party invitations

So my baby is turning 4 very soon!! Time to make party invitations...since she'll be only 4 and her little 3-4 year old friends in her preschool class will likely not give one hoot about the invitation, I decided to TRY to keep these simple (as I had to make 15!)...it still took me quite some time, but it was fun. Now let's just hope it doesn't rain on that day! Praying and fingers crossed! ;)

I ordered all of her party theme decorations at Oriental Trading...they always have such cute stuff for great deals! The theme this year is Butterflies...(last year it was Ladybugs) so along with all the adorable plates, napkins, cups, etc, I found a cute butterfly paper kit there. I put together all the invitations with the paper and die cuts..all their papers are double-sided, so I had way more than enough to make my 15 invitations, although many of them were not the same. (I kind of like that though!) These pictures are just of the 6 that I was able to make all the same (except for the orientation of the cards...I cut those differently in order to make full use of each cardstock sheet...I'm so frugal!); the rest were different, though all coordinating. Still, you can get the general idea from these photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Lavender Lace (SU)
Patterned Paper: from the Butterfly Paper Kit (OT)
Stamp Set(s): Just the Ticket, Tiny Tags, Fillable Frames #4, Butterfly Dreams (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Twilight, Black (CTMH); Perfect Plum (SU)
Embellishments: Petal organdy ribbon (CTMH)
Tools: Eyelet lace border die, Fillable Frames #4 die, Tiny Tags dies (PTI)

2 comments:

  1. Great invitations! I love the butterfly stamped under the words on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Niki...you reminded me that I hadn't added your wonderful Butterfly Dreams stamp set to my supply list...I just got that set and I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete