Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Mind's Eye Challenge #22

My Mind's Eye is one of my favorite paper companies, and every month they host a sketch challenge...I love the opportunity to dig into their gorgeous papers & accessories to create a fun card!

I just happened to need a card for a friend of mine who is having a baby shower this weekend that I can't attend, but I wanted to send a card....

In addition to the sketch, My Mind's Eye assigns a theme to the project. This month's was "April Showers"... :) How perfect for my shower card!

The sketch:


And my card:

Photobucket

For this shower card I pulled out an adorable paper collection called Alphabet Soup. This is the girl version, and though my friend is having a boy, I felt like the colors on the particular piece of paper I chose (Zoo Cuties - with all the little animals) worked for a boy also. I used some of the back side of paper as well which is a nice gender neutral blue-green with white polka dots. Actually, I used this paper only on the inside of my card, so you can only see a bit of it in the photo. I put the zoo animals side on the top inside of my card and the polka dots on the bottom.

The collection comes with a sheet of really cute coordinating die cuts, which is where I got the rainbow scalloped border (love it!)

I also used some paper from another adorable My Mind's Eye collection called Good Day Sunshine. This collection also has girl and boy versions, and though I of course have the girl version (I have two girls and NO boys!), there was another sheet that worked beautifully for a boy. I used Head in the Clouds, both front & back for the card base and the border punched piece at the toward the bottom of the card. This collection also has a coordinating die cut sheet and I used one of these die cuts for the center of the card...(the red "sun rays")

Finally, I have an adorable stamp set from Papertrey called Scattered Showers which fit the occasion perfectly. I used it to stamp the umbrella and the sentiment. A companion set called Scattered Showers Additions has a raindrops background that I used to stamp over the umbrella as well.

The little crystals on either side of my focal point are also from MME, but from their Fine & Dandy Tickled Pink accessories.

That's about it! Have a beautiful day!

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Old Olive textured (SU)
Patterned Paper: Good Day Sunshine - Head in the Clouds, Alphabet Soup - Zoo Cuties (My Mind's Eye)
Stamp Set(s): Scattered Showers & Scattered Showers Additions (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Real Red, Baja Breeze (SU)
Embellishments: Die Cuts from Good Day Sunshine Girl and Alphabet Soup Girl collections and Rhinestones from Fine & Dandy Tickled Pink accessories (MME)
Tools: Bracket border punch (EK Success); Scallop circle die (Spellbinders)

No comments:

Post a Comment