Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mojo Monday 185

It's another contest Mojo Monday! Since I'm needing lots of Mother's Day cards for the upcoming holiday, I'm taking the opportunity to make a Mother's Day card for every challenge I participate in the next week or so. I loved this week's Mojo Monday sketch:



I had just made a pink card, so I wanted a little different color combo, but still feminine. I pulled out my (very thick) stack of Stampin' Up Designer Series Papers and found one I bought ages ago but haven't had the chance to use yet...it is called Bella Birds...it was retired a while ago, but you can see a picture of the collection here...it's a really pretty collection of muted lavenders, yellows & blues with just a hint of pink with elegant patterns...looks a lot like wedding paper.

I started with that and it just kind of grew from there! I initially was going to go with the scallop circle embellishment that's in the sketch, but as the card evolved, I really wanted to use that flower from Love's Flower...and there really wasn't room to put it in/onto a scallop circle, so I adapted!

I wanted a little bigger sentiment strip than the one that was in the sketch, so I used one from a Cuttlebug Plus die that I have...it cuts & embosses in one pass - very cool! The sentiment wouldn't fit properly on the label the way it's arranged on the stamp from Because of You, so I just inked each part of the stamp separately and stamped it in 2 passes. Voila!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Pretty in Pink (SU)
Patterned Paper: from Bella Birds DSP (SU)
Stamp Set(s): Love's Flower & Because of You (Verve)
Ink/Colorants: Moonstruck, Spring Iris, Garden Green (CTMH)
Embellishments: Rosette ribbon trim (Making Memories)
Tools: Abstract Flower border punch (EK Success); Fanciful Labels Plus Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment