Sunday, August 11, 2013

Papertrey Make It Monday #128

This week's Make It Monday challenge is to stamp a random background. I hadn't used any of my button stamp sets in awhile so I thought I'd pull those out and put together a card with kind of a thread/sewing theme. I really liked how the background was turning out, as it looked like the buttons were falling from the sky. Then I got the brilliant idea to stamp the "thread" in the button holes and after that I wasn't as thrilled with the results. But oh well, live & learn. I initially stamped those threads with a darker ink and I realized that when you looked at the BG, all you saw was those little "threads"! So I tried to soften that effect by going over it with a white gel pen, and that helped some.

Here's the end result:


Supply list:

Cardstock: Confetti Cream (SU); Parchment (CTMH); Misc peach-colored
Stamp Set(s): Stitched Sentiments, Hanging By a Thread, Sew Simple Borders, Button Up (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride (SU); Kiwi, Sunkiss Yellow (CTMH)
Embellishments: Misc fibers
Tools: In Stitches banner die, Thread Card dies (PTI)

No comments:

Post a Comment