Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #231

Yay, two posts in one day?? Could I be coming back with a vengeance?? Hmmm, I'm not counting any chickens, but happy that I got to do two challenges this week so far. (And last week I did several cards for the Papertrey Blog Hop, so I'm thrilled!)

So this is for the Flourishes weekly challenge - Timeless Tuesday #231.

The challenge is "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue." Just off the bat I'll say that my "blue" turned out to be more like "blue-green" but I hope it's close enough to count. My something old is from a really old Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad from the Nook & Pantry collection. Back in 2011 I went on a crazy patterned paper buying spree, and I think I bought enough to last two lifetimes and am still using it up.

The something new is not really a new Flourishes set, but new to me, since I bought it awhile back and have never used it (I have a bad habit of doing this...buying sets that then sit untouched for months & months!) So Fresh Baked is NEW for me. Plus I used the Silhouette cut files with the stamp set, something I've not done before. I LOVE my Cameo!!

Finally, the something borrowed is from the Fresh Baked gallery..I actually was inspired by two cards:

This one for the coloring of the apron...


















And this one for the layout:



















So here's what I came up with:


Supply list:

Cardstock: Lemon Tart (PTI); Sno Cone (MFT)
Patterned Paper: Nook & Pantry collection (Basic Grey)
Stamp Set(s): Fresh Baked (Flourishes)
Ink/Colorants: Island Indigo (SU); BG10, BG13, BG15, BG18 Copic markers
Embellishments: Pearls (Oriental Trading); Grosgrain ribbon (SU); Satin Dot ribbon (CTMH)
Tools: Beaded Ovals & Ovals dies (Spellbinders)

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the coloring! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! The cupcake paper is perfect for this card! SO glad you could play along with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete