Friday, November 11, 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 29

 Though I'm in the throes of making tons of Christmas cards that are a little bit more on the simple side (so I can make them in more quantities), I decided to take a mini break from that and participate in the monthly My Mind's Eye blog challenge. I absolutely adore MME papers, and I have some gorgeous ones from previous years that I bought probably last year. Time to dig them out and create something beautiful!

I have been doing tons of stamping lately, and since I have a sheet of fabulous die cuts that coordinate with the paper collections, I challenged myself to make this card with no stamping, just paper & die cuts. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out! It was a fun break to do something a little different. I had to modify the sketch just a bit to make it work, but I think it's okay...

Here's the sketch (and the assignment was to include brown):

And here's what I came up with using nothing but the Holly Jolly collection patterned papers & die cuts...specifically "Candy Canes" & back side of the "Reindeer Fly"  (oh, and the large scalloped border die from Papertrey):

Photobucket

That's it! Pretty simple to make, but the result is very nice, especially since it's a 5x7 size.

No comments:

Post a Comment