Sunday, September 25, 2011

Leaf Prints jar candle wreath

In addition to the handmade card that I made for my grandma's birthday (in the post below), I also made her a handmade gift, which is something I've done for pretty much anyone's birthday who is close to me...but I'd also like to start selling my paper crafted gifts...

Here is what I made for Grandma! :) I used Papertrey's Leaf Prints stamp set and coordinating dies and cut out all the leaves, then stamped them with the coordinating colors of inks (same as the leaves), then stamped the veins in a neutral brown. Crumpled them all up and attached them to a foam wreath base (bought at JoAnn) that had been wrapped in cardstock. I got the idea from this post by Dawn McVey, which was a post during the release week when Leaf Prints was first released (Aug 2010). I did mine just slightly different than hers, but the inspiration and the instructions definitely came from her wonderful idea!

I also dressed up a store-bought jar candle by adding a little patterned paper & ribbon. It's amazing how just a bit of altering with paper crafting materials makes everything so much better! ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supply list:

Cardstock: to wrap the wreath: Chocolate (CMTH); for the leaves: honestly, I not entirely sure what these colors are exactly...I just pulled the colors I needed out of my stash/scrap pile. Most of my cardstock is from Stampin' Up or Papertrey, so these colors are probably theirs.
Patterned Paper: to wrap the candle: from the Fall Paper kit (Oriental Trading)
Stamp Set(s): Leaf Prints (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Cranberry, Sunflower, Sunset, Topiary (CTMH); Soft Suede, Early Espresso (SU)
Embellishments: Autumn Terracotta & Goldrush organdy ribbon (CTMH); Twill ribbon (SU); Metal "Blessings" ribbon tag (Making Memories)
Tools: Leaf Prints dies (PTI)


1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful gift for your grandma, and so beautiful! I don't think you'd have any trouble selling your crafts.

    ReplyDelete