Sunday, February 20, 2011

Verve's Get Your Diva On challenge

Here again, with another card for a Verve challenge, called "Get Your Diva On"...they say that you don't have to use Verve stamps to participate...but I doubt I'll win anything with other stamps! Still, I really wanted to pull out the Cupcake Collection stamp set from Papertrey, because I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

Here is the inspiration photo for the project:



I love all things Valentine's and my fave colors are pink, red & brown, so this one was lots of fun. Pretty simple, but I got to use my new sei chocolat papers that just came in the mail yesterday! yipee! This assortment has some gorgeous shimmer papers (I included a couple on my card) as well as beautiful glitter, embossed, flocked, you name it! A wonderful collection. I couldn't pass it up.

And here's my card:
Photobucket
This is a detail that hopefully shows the shimmer paper on the bottom better:
Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Sweet Blush (PTI)
Patterned Paper: from chocolat assortment (sei)
Stamp Set(s): Cupcake Collection, Mat Stack 3 Collection (PTI)
Ink: Chocolate, Baby Pink (CTMH)
Embellishments: Doily (Wilton); Mini pearls (Michaels); Frost Stickles (Ranger); Baby Pink & Buttercup markers (CTMH)
Tools: Cupcake Collection dies & Mat Stack 3 die (PTI)

1 comment:

  1. Those papers ARE cute... I'm still restricting myself to what I have (except for those 2 packs I just got from CTMH) :)

    ReplyDelete