Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another Papertrey Make It Monday & Mojo Monday 179

So Papertrey's Make It Monday challenge this week is to make glitter strips using scor-tape. I combined the task with this week's Mojo Monday sketch, and voilĂ ! I have so much new wonderful paper to use that I've had to take inventory in order to organize and put it all away....and I've been reminded of all the wonderful OLD paper I have! I pulled out this Basic Grey Nook & Pantry paper pad that I bought last year...now that I'm getting more and more into the vintage look, I found myself drawn to the patterns and colors of this 60s style kitchen look. I love cupcakes so the background paper was a must! I also love the doily papers...doilies are the huge thing right now so I was totally digging these.

With all the goodness in this stack, I decided to try my hand at making a card with this it. It's a work in progress...I'm not 100% satisfied with the way it turned out, but I still like these papers. I added a glitter stripe with my "scor-tape" (it's actually Terrifically Tacky Tape, which is basically the same thing), but then I wanted to add more glitter elsewhere, so I used some die-cut tacky tape that I got a long time ago from Stampin' Up to add the glass glitter that's behind the focal point...then I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and poured some heat & stick powder on it, then added the glitter. It's not totally clear, but I thought it turned out kind of cute, so I went with it.

Here's the Mojo Monday sketch:


And here's my take:
Photobucket

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Lemon Tart (PTI), Cocoa (CTMH)
Patterned Paper: from Nook & Pantry 6x6 paper pad (Basic Grey)
Stamp Set(s): sentiment from Cupcake Collection (PTI)
Ink: Versamark
Embellishments: Platinum glass glitter (SU); Green pearls (Oriental Trading); Ladybug glitter (Doodlebug); Orange brad (Basic Grey); Yellow gingham bow (Martha Stewart Crafts); Cocoa ribbon (CTMH)
Tools: Arrow Hearts border punch (SU or EK Success); Pendant die & Scallop circle die (Spellbinders)

No comments:

Post a Comment