Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Flourishes Love Letters Challenge (FLLCJan13)

I've been buying up Flourishes stamp sets for quite awhile now, but have never had the time to participate in one of their challenges. I'm going to change that! One of my stamping resolutions was to make a concerted effort to USE every stamp set that I own but have never used. I counted them up...and I have 120 sets that I've never inked up! *Gulp* Yikes! So I'm going out of my way to make cards with these "dusty" sets...of course they're all so cute, which is why I bought them in the first place! LOL.

I wanted to participate in this week's release festivities, namely the Love Letters challenge, which of course is so appropriate with Valentines, etc coming up. But I also wanted to make an anniversary card for my parents, and this challenge fit that bill as well!

I pulled out a lovely but not as yet used Flourishes set, Love Sweet Love. Add to that From the Heart, and my desire to create a pop-up "kick-stand" card, and voila!

I was so thrilled with the way it turned out. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll be back soon with the Timeless Tuesday challenge next! :)

Supply list:

Cardstock: Silver Shimmer (PTI)
Patterned Paper: from Be Mine collection (Echo Park); white flourish background from Christmas Mint collection (SEI)
Stamp Sets: Love Sweet Love, From the Heart (Flourishes); Embroidered Blooms {happy}, Happy Day {anniversary} (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Raspberry Fizz (PTI); Copic Markers (RV23, RV25, RV29, C1, C3, C5, C7)
Embellishments: White grosgrain ribbon (SU)
Tools: Scalloped heart die (Spellbinders); Heart border punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Rachel! I love the pairing of the basket with the woodcut heart, and the soft palette! So pretty! Very fun to see you use your FLLC sets! Good luck on your quest :) Thanks so much for playing along iwth us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I like the easel fold, very feminine feeling and beautiful shading. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Love Letter Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Rachel! I love the way you combined stamp sets to create one gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! It's super pretty!

    ReplyDelete