Tuesday, May 22, 2012

PDCC132


This week's Play Date Cafe is a fun one, Color Splash. And the splash of color is perfect for end of year teacher thank you cards: pencil yellow! :) I had so much fun putting these cards together with a combination of really cute stamp sets that are a combination of new and new-like (as in, purchased with great relish but not used of yet...but now they are!!)

My daughter in pre-k has two teachers, so I made two cards that are similar with the same color scheme. I also got to break out my new We R Memory Keepers Sew Ribbon tool and try it for the first time..I love it! Now I want more...

I also got "old school", breaking out the old-fashioned label maker! Kinda fun to do retro...

I added a coffee gift card to the inside of the card, using my new A Pocketful stamp set from WPlus9. I just love that set!

So here are the cards + some detail shots...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supply list:

Cardstock: Black, White (SU)
Stamp Set(s): You are the Best (JustRite Stampers); Tag-its #6, Vintage Picnic, Heartfelt Basics, Just Hatched(PTI); A Pocketful (WPlus9); Sweet Chocolate (My Cute Stamps)
Ink/Colorants: Honey, Black (CTMH); Close to Cocoa (SU)
Embellishments: Yellow satin ribbon (American Crafts); Yellow label tape (Dymo)
Tools: Book Print & By the Numbers impression plates (PTI); Blossom Three and Banners dies (Spellbinders); Label Maker (Dymo); Sew Ribbon Scallop tool (We R Memory Makers)

1 comment:

  1. Cool card for a teacher, thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete