Thursday, December 31, 2009

Birthday invitations!

So awhile back, I was completely consumed with snapping up all of DCWV's "Sweet" line ~ I bought the adorable paper packet, (tons of glitter & GORGEOUS, thick papers) and all the accoutrements: stickers, glitter chipboard, rub-ons, the works. I bought all of this not knowing exactly what I'd do with it, but knowing I HAD to have it all.

When my daughter's birthday party was coming up, it hit me: INVITATIONS! The paper is thick enough to be used as a card base, and then I just had to add some additional embellishments. Because I was making 12 5x7 cards, and there are only 2 sheets of each design, I had to make each 2 invitations a little different; but that's what made it fun! I have pictures of all the unique ones, because I wanted to remember what they all looked like. These took me the better part of a whole day to make, but I was SO happy with the results. (this is saying something, as those of you who know me know...I'm quite the perfectionist and not always happy with my work!)

Materials used:

Glitter Paper (card bases) - DCWV
Patterned paper: assorted, mostly Stampin' Up
Stamp sets: Cupcake Sprinkles, Friendship Alphabet (sm) - Close To My Heart
Ink: Close to My Heart
Glitter brads: Oriental Trading
Border punches: EK Success
Decorative edge scissors: Provo Craft
Glitter chipboard accents: DCWV
Ribbon: assorted

(sorry about the cards cut off - it is a highly annoying glitch with stupid photobucket that I can't seem to fix, even after wasting tons of time on it)

NBD invite 1


NBD invite 2
NBD invite 3
NBD invite 4
NBD invite 5
NBD invite 6

No comments:

Post a Comment