Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Card Angel 11-3-09

This card is my weekly one for my Chemo Buddy...

I have some new embossing folders & had just gotten two new sets of Spellbinders nestabilities dies, so I wanted to try them all out...I LOVE THE RESULT! Now I have a better idea of how I'll put together my Christmas cards.

Materials used:
Close To My Heart paper packet - Stylin'
Close To My Heart cardstock - Blush, Hollyhock
CTMH white grosgrain ribbon
Cuttlebug embossing folder - D'Vine Swirls
Spellbinders nestabilities dies - Labels 9
Stamp set - Somewhere Within (Unity Stamp Co)
Tsukinenko Brilliance (?) metallic pigment ink (rubbed over the raised embossing - by the way, I like the effect, but when they claim this is "fast-drying" pigment ink, it is a complete lie. It takes forever to dry, just like all pigment ink. I love the effect of the silver ink over the embossing, but you have to be very careful, as I ended up smudging the ink all over my card. And that was even after trying to speed up the drying time by heat setting it)

Card Angel 11-3-09

No comments:

Post a Comment