Friday, January 13, 2012

MIM #48 + WMSC79

I've had a rough time this week trying to get pictures...my lovely little point-n-shoot Casio that I've had for over six years is finally dying. It takes very nice pictures even though it's only 6MP and I've been happy with the results (plus a little editing in Photoshop) for my card photos. Now it's time for something new. I already missed one challenge because I couldn't get to taking pictures of the card I made (I'll include that one at the bottom just for fun) This post's card combines the Waltzingmouse Sketch for this week with Papertrey's Make It Monday challenge of using border dies to create backgrounds.

Here's the WM sketch (edited to add: which I  just realized that I missed the deadline for also!!!! I thought that their deadline was Friday evening, and I went to add my link only to find out it closes Friday at 9am my time!! Wow, bad luck for me this week for making cards and not getting them posted in time...drag):



And my card:

Photobucket

Clean & simple. Using Papertrey's Large Ricrack dies to create that partial background. I also created a card for last week's Casual Friday challenge, to use chipboard, but didn't get it posted in time. Here it is, just because I made it and I like it and I'm bummed that I got to busy to get it posted!

Photobucket

Supply list:

Birthday Wishes:

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Real Red, More Mustard (SU)
Stamp Set(s): Dainty Doilies LG, Fancy Phrases (WMS)
Ink/Colorants: Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum (SU)
Embellishments: Lg Button, Purple rickrack (SU); Jewels (Queen & Co)
Tools: Doily Details die (PTI)

The Sweet Life:

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI); Pink Shimmer (Colorbok)
Stamp Set(s): Tiny Tags (PTI)
Ink/Colorants: Chocolate (CTMH)
Embellishments: Chipboard focal point from the SWEET collection (DCWV); Pink organdy ribbon, safety pin (CTMH)
Tools: Tiny Tags die, Polka Dot impression plate (PTI)

1 comment:

  1. Both fantastic cards. I love your ric rac background--the colours are fab.

    ReplyDelete