Friday, November 19, 2010

Get Well card

I made this card for my dad because he recently went through a serious back surgery and was in the hospital for 10 days. He had a rough time of it, but thanks to God, he's now leaving the hospital and on the mend, but it will be a long road to healing, so we keep on praying!

I wanted a card that represented the idea of going through a darker time and emerging into the light. Hence the gradation from a deeper blue to the yellow. I love this idea too because it enables me to use up a lot of my paper scraps! I'm such a frugal paper crafter...I rarely throw any pieces of paper away until they're super tiny. Therefore I have a HUGE pile of scraps (albeit nicely organized in an accordian folder by color). The folder grows by the day, so often I challenge myself to create a few cards just with scraps, (except for the card base). I love how this one turned out! (other than the sentiment not stamping too crisp...I guess I need to find a better solution to stamping on vellum!)

Here's the card:

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment