Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grandma's Birthday Card

My grandma has always been very special to me, so I wanted to make an extra special card for her birthday. I spent alot of time on this one! It was fun.

(Materials)
1)I started with heavy patterned paper from the DCWV Sweet Stack. This is heavy duty enough to act as the cardstock base as well, perfect for cards as it has a white back.
2)I wanted to try using my new We R Memory Keepers adhesive rub-ons with foil sheets, so I painstakingly transferred a bunch of flourishes onto the patterned paper and then transferred the foil onto the adhesive rub-ons.
3)Then I picked a coordinating color of pink patterned paper with white polka dots (I think it was a leftover scrap) and attached it to the scalloped oval chipboard, sanding and inking the edges using a CTMH Watermelon marker & Basic Grey files.
4) I stamped the image from Stampin' Up stamp set, Living Large, colored it using SU! & CTMH markers, then cut it out and attached it to the chipboard piece. Then I stamped the sentiment from the same set directly on the chipboard.
5)I punched a hold on either end of the chipboard piece using a Crop-a-Dile, then attached CTMH white picture hangers on either end, secured with a matching brad, and then tied CTMH watermelon organdy ribbon through the loops; then attached the whole thing to center of card front.
6) I attached a piece of CTMH Watermelon cardstock to cover the whole inside.
7) I stamped the sentiment from the SU! Living Large set, and then stamped the circular flower image, from CTMH Dream Wishes stamp set, around the sentiment.
8) Additional sentiments (Happy Birthday) & (With Love) are from CTMH Happy Birthday & With Love stamp sets.
9) Finally, I colored the flowers with CTMH White Daisy & Watermelon markers.

Grandma Bday Card Front Grandma Bday Card Inside


1 comment:

  1. That looks nice how you colored the inside of the card with the white and pink... that's what you did, right? ;) Looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete